Wednesday, September 2, 2009

And the theme is.....

For those in the know, know that last night was a pretty big deal for me. As this year's Charity Ball Chair I had the pleasure of revealing the theme for the Ball. It is usually kept under wraps till our September meeting, so needless to say it was really difficult keeping it quiet this summer. The theme this year is Sultan's Soiree..so think Morroccan, Arabian, Indian infusion. We try to make a big deal out of the reveal in order to get the excitement generating through town. So this year we brought in a belly dancer and she shimmied, and then we had a mini lesson so we could learn a few moves. I think it went well...I was so trying not to make a mistake that I didn't get to really enjoy and take it all in!! Typical...
We have lots of changes in store this year with the big one being the move to the Zone. If you want to come out and have a great time, please come...it's for a worthy cause..and hey!...it's a party!!








2 comments:

The Wests said...

Belly dancing with a baby in your belly is so wrong! But fun!

Sam and Courtney said...

I think you did a great job at the meeting!!!