Thursday, January 29, 2009

Happy Birthday Mama!!



My mom celebrates a birthday today. Since I have already done the 10 things for her birthday last year, I will spare you and her another 10. NOTE:(if you want to see another ten, check out WE BE WINANS in my links and see my sister blog. SO, I will share something my mom has passed to me and I hope to pass to my girls.
My mom doesnt mind doing manual labor. She runs a school out of her church and sometimes has to do tasks others might pass on. They are certainly not glamorous or newsworthy. Not my mom!! She rolls up her sleeves and gets in the trenches. She does so much behind the scenes and never toots her own horn. She is a silent worker blessed with a servant's heart. She does this not for the glory later, but to make the world just a little bit better than before. I am so blessed to have such an inspiring woman live a life worthy of example. I can only hope to demonstrate those same qualities to my children so they too can serve with a joyful heart. My sisters too posess these qualities and for that I am proud. We had a good teacher, no?? Thank you Mama for doing what you do.

May you have the happiest of birthdays today and be blessed with many more!! I love you...

3 comments:

Mrs. Winans said...

What sweet words... I know mom will love it!!

Anonymous said...

AMEN

Anonymous said...

Your words of "she is a silent worker blessed with a servant's heart" is exactly how I would describle you! Love, EmJ