Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Meet Mr. and Mrs McKinley



This weekend was Carrie's wedding. It took place in Austin in a quaint chapel and the couple exchanged vows surrounded by family and I could not have been more honored to have been included. As I watched these two pledge their love and souls to each other I could not help but feel that this was the way it should be. All my selfish reservations I had had just melted away. It was God's will and we were finally at the end of her bumpy journey. Everything was going to be okay. What an ending and a beautiful beginning!!
On the way home there were definitely lots of tears shed by both me and Caroline and thankfully we had my mom to give us strength. I had really struggled this week with all different kinds of emotions. I knew this day was comming but I think I may have been in a little denial. Don't get me wrong, I could not be happier and she could not have found a more worthy man, but my prayer is that we continue our friendships and that the yearn we have to remain close will continue on.

2 comments:

Les said...

Love the pictures! I'm so glad you got to go and chronicle the happy day....the beginning and end of an amazing journey.

brickmomma said...

Yea for Carrie!! I have been thinking about them. Thanks for the great picture!