Monday, June 9, 2008

Fun in the Sun !

This weekend we had an opportunity to go to the Bay with ex-College Stationians, the Littles. Since David's leg just keeps getting worse we thought it best not to go..he can barely walk. So against our better judgement and the fact that our friends were having fun without us, we made a quick change of plans and off we were on Saturday. Those of you who know me know that I am a walking map. "all it takes is one time there" is a favorite saying of mine. So with that in mind I do not carry a map and for some reason, I forgot the turnoff for El Campo. Once to 59 and the rest of the way it was smooth sailing. UGH ! So we made a 2:45 trip to the bay turn into about a four hour trip. Thankfully David's phone came equipped with google maps and it saved us and got us back on track. I will never live this down!
So we arrive and we really had a great time. The weather was fantastic and breezy and NaShay's dad took us for a cruise around the bay. I've never been on a bay boat much less the bay, so I was a little apprehensive about sea sickness since my inner control freak emerges in situations like these. Nevertheless. the bay was fabulous and NaShay's family were wonderful hosts. Thanks guys for a great weekend!! We miss y'all!!

1 comment:

J K said...

Sounds like a great time! Wish we could have joined you! The pictures are great too!