Monday, November 24, 2008

Splendor....

Glitz....Glamour....Giving... was what the 2008 Junior league Charity Ball was all about!! This year we decided to really focus on the giving part. So many of our donors really don't know what we do, they just cut checks to us. Instead of our typical entertainment this year, we invited the Boys & Girls Club, all of whom benefit in some way from the League to perform. Agape, a Christian dance crew of little girls came and danced their hearts out and were so precious. These girls were so precious and so happy and willing to come, I was certain that the League is making a difference. We had some teachers and students who have benefitted from the program, say a few words.
As you can see from the pictures we had an old Hollywood feel to the room. I loved it!!! The Band was fabulous, and once again had everyone on the dance floor. All the hard work this past year finally came to fruition and it was a great feeling!! We had a fabulous leader, who is so good at what she does. I am so proud to call her friend and mentor. Thank you Lizett!! I can only hope that Ball next year will be as sucessful as this years. I'm so thrilled she's gonna be working on my side next year!! Thank you to my friends who have entertained my conversations about Ball and have supported me each step of the way. My family, who has put up with a part time Mommy and wife, sister and daughter, I thank you for babysitting, dress shopping, cheerleading, donating, and loving me, as I persue something I love doing. A zillion Thank Yous!!! The night was fabulous and we accomplished the goals we had set for this year.


P.S. My mom's wreath won!!!!!

No comments: